Clique research on graph & network analysis and visualisation is strongly influenced by commercial challenges faced by our industry partners. Through extensive industry partner engagement at all levels, Clique aims to conduct research and provide solutions to real-world problems. Clique’s industry partners facilitate Clique research activities by providing access to voluminous data and also information about the characteristics of real data, which is then used to directly validate Clique outputs.
Industry partner engagement has led to past successes such as a licensing deal with polecat (more details here).
Some of the current projects in Clique that target commercial challenges as faced by Clique’s industry partners are as follows:
- Identifying and visualizing anomalous structures in large networks
- Monitoring dynamic networks
- Discovering latent organisational structures in large networks
- Modeling and visualising dissemination of ideas, e.g. in blogs
- Uncovering (overlapping) community structure in large multi-relational nets
- Visualising communities and connectivity in very large networks
- Analysing and modelling diffusion of information (viral marketing)
- Integrating knowledge from physical and functional interaction networks (multi-relational data)
Come Join Us
In addition to the current industry partners, Clique has been involved in discussions with several Irish-based companies over the past year. This has led to some preliminary research activities that Clique hopes to build into industry partnerships in the long run.
Clique is always looking for new challenges and is keen to work with other companies (startups, SMEs and multinationals) that have an interest in graph & network analysis and visualization research. In order to attract industry partners, Clique has joined the Irish Software Innovation Network (ISIN) and can also be found on the CORDIS Partners Service.
Please contact prag(dot)sharma(at)ucd(dot)ie to arrange a meeting.
Current Industry Partners
Previous Industry Partners
Note: Banner photograph courtsey of Richard.Asia under the Creative Commons Licensed-content on Flickr